Re: Jumping over trees

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:35:00 +0000

Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:
> Finally, narrator fiat can give something a greater resistance - if I think
> that letting you jump over a tree is something special to my saga, then yes,
> I may make the resistance higher. As has been pointed out many times before,
> Hero Wars is *not* Simulationist, but Narrative.

In a recent session, a Vingan was fighting Uz in a snow/ice cave. She used her Run on Snow to run up the wall, along the ceiling and attack the Uz from behind.

What was the resistance? The Uz' Close Combat ability, as this was an extended contest, and the Vingan was 'merely' making a very daring (that is, high AP bid) attack. MGF was had by all.

I should point out that that was the player's first session playing Hero Wars or Glorantha.