Re: background; starting a shaman

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 19:04:26 -0000

It depends on how much peyote and other nifty chemicals he's been ingesting to get contact with the spirits and their pretty lights...

The level of dysfunction in the spirit talkers varies from culture to culture, often dramatically. Wulf's comment on the Sibir shamans contrasts with the angakok of the Inuit who is often epileptic or otherwise 'touched.'

But I admit that my personal preferences is for shaman to be downright wierd. The more normal they are, the more they are like Family Heads or... theistic priests and sorcerous liturgists.

Jeff