Re: my take on the magical vs. mundane

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 20:20:32 +0000

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 21:56:12 +0200 (EET), Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...> wrote:

>On the magical vs. mundane debate:
>
>I think my take is to put a cap on mundane skills.
>
>A human doesn't run as fast as a horse. A human's mundane run fast can't
>exceed 20

I agree with this in theory (and certainly your later idea of allowing individual feats to be raised within an Affinity), but I think 20 is too low. True, Horses and most other animals are far too slow, but I am currently in favour of a limit of 20W on all 'mundane' abilities. An ability becomes 'magical' by means of HQ, divine gift, Narrator's decision, or practically any other means... so long as it's specifically excepted from the limit.

Wulf