Re: schizoid shamans are bunk

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 13:08:46 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Greg Stafford wrote:

> Issaries, Inc. is preparing some materials to help explain the animist way
> for Hero Wars.

Hear! Hear! This is good news indeed. I don't even use the word shaman in my games if I can help it. In the real world this word has been spread around the scientific community by early religion sciense researchers. It's still just the name of _a_ tradition, and a rather small siberian one at that.

Spirit talkers (orlanthi)
Spirit dancers (aldryami)
Soul Hunters   (Uzko)

and so forth... with a lot of variation.

I'm sure Greg can teach us a lot of animism, especially regarding Glorantha. I, for one, will be waiting with high hopes.

        -Adept