Re: my take on the magical vs. mundane

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:20:57 -0800

Wulf wrote:

> Here's one I considered too. Mundane abilities require 1 extra HP per
> Mastery level of the end result. So 1-20 costs 1, 1W-20W costs 2,
> 1W2-20W2 costs 3, etc. (add one per mastery for mundane stuff that
> costs more than 1 HP at base level, if you use stuff like CC treated
> as a meta-skill with 3 HP per level).

Now you're stealing my idea :-) That was one I proposed during playtest. It didn't make the cut, though I think it's a fine house rule for those who want to slow mastery progression (and I wouldn't restrict it to mundane abilities -- remember that animists can have potent powers through integrated spirits).

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein