A question and an observation

From: Michael Hitchens <m.hitchens_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:50:43 +1100 (EST)

What is 'minor magical healing'? (HW p.155)? Do Heortlings rely on Chalana Arroy, Bevara and Ernalda the Healer for the magical healing? I'm lookng at this from a gaming point of view - is there no way a party can get even a minor magical heaing without one of them along?

I'm guessing that the levels for combat abilities for heroes (10w3, 10w4) given on p.120 HW is what they would be if you met those people *now*. Now being just before the dragon eats the lunars trying to build the reaching moon temple. As far as I'm concerned these heroes are just as entitled to HPs as anyone else. And leading active lives they are going to be awarded plenty of them. So as the years role on their abilities should increase and (eg) by the time Argrath liberates Boldhome Harrek may be 10w5 or even w6. 10w4 is 90. A player can start with 25. Postulating one adventure a month for a would be hero is not unreasonable. Spending a HP an adventure (out of your possible average 4, plus bonuses) on your favourite combat ability is not impossible. Which would mean it would take 65 months to equal Harrek if he didn't also advance. Comments?

Michael