Re: my take on the magical vs. mundane

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:44:43 -0000

That is usually the case in my experience, however, my players have bought +2 and even +3 on occasion when they have managed to gain experience with something that they normally do not have the chance to practice.

Shieldwall Tactics was one that stuck to mind (if only for its wierdness) and various obscure knowlege scores -- 4th Hell Knowledge being a recent example (yah, yah, I know)

And the Fight Sorcery feat provided by the local hero cult of Torvald Meldekbane has gone up _massively_ everytime they've run into sorcery but that's an artifact of the local environment. He's their warband's patron deity. I treat stand alone feats like abilities in how readily they can be upgraded.

Jeff