Re: Illuminated Bat

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:35:12 +1300

Andrew Barton:

>I remember reading a description of the Red Goddess' quest, from which she
>returned riding the Bat. I think it said that she illuminated it, which
>was how she got control of it, but I can't find the passage.

That's because the Bat's illumination wasn't developed until sometime later.

>Has there
>been anything in HW publications on the subject?

         In her quest for her [Transcendent] Self[,] Sedenya found the Bat
         and taught it its Self.  The Bat grew extra eyes to see its new
         found inner knowledge and became the steed of the Goddess.
                                 Glorantha: Intro p123

--Peter Metcalfe