Re: my take on the magical vs. mundane

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:44:55 -0000

> Perhaps. Certainly you should learn the skills the cult teaches.
As to
> any others we will know when the rules for disciples are
published. "You
> should learn as he did". Are you saying that the gods did what
they did
> without magic?

Well, that's not really an option, Gods ARE magic, they have no mundane abilities. They used their abilities in the same way a human Hero uses his HeroQuested abilities - magic innate to them, not learned & 'borrowed' from someone else.

>And if a skill is important to a god, shouldn;t it be
> amongst what the cult teaches?

Yes, exactly.

> It would also depend on exactly what the god teaches. For example,
> Humakti needs a weapon abiilty to get the most out of the
affinities. And
> the cult teaches these Physical skills. Yet Issaries doesn't teach
> bargain, so I wonder.

But to worship Issaries you should be a Merchant or Trader, and those professions DO teach it. The game tries not to duplicate abilities, and sometimes things get mixed up (look at the problems over the Grazer's skills).

Wulf