Re: Random HW characters (WAS Re: New forum for Hero Wars Program)

From: Robin D. Laws <rdl_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:21:06 -0600

At 03:07 PM 11/21/00 +0000, Tim Ellis wrote:

> > Great!
> >
> > Now all we need is a character generator...
> >

>How about OTE's "The Cutups Project" (or whatever it was called) -
>just cut descriptions out of all the books/papers & magazines you
>have to hand, and draw them at random until you get to 100 words!

The book you're thinking of is "The Weather the Cuckoo Likes", written by some guy whose name I forget. "The Cutups Project" was an expansion for the On the Edge card game.

Another way to get random words to use as the starting point for a character is to generate random numbers on a computer (using Excel or whatever), keyed to the number of pages and entries in a Scrabble word guide. I'd pick 12 or so random words and then try to weave them into a 100-word description.

Take care >>> Robin