Re: Books To Buy?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 23:18:37 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Santo Sengupta wrote:

> Hi all..

Greetings.

> I've been on a big Glorantha purchasing kick lately, picking up all
> the HeroWars material, and some old RQ stuff on eBay. I need some
> advice on what to buy next. Can any of the Glorantha guru's help me
> out?

I'm parhaps not all that much of a guru, but here's my 0,02 euro.

> King of Sartar

Get this, definitely.

> The Entekosiad
> The Fortunate Succession
> The Glorious ReAscent of Yelm
> The Missing Lands

I still haven't had the money to get these, so I can't say anything about them yet.

> Wyrm's Footprints

This is great! I'd buy it just for the illustrations and the troll comics :). But seriously, this is pure gold.

> Tarsh War

Hmm... It has it's uses, but it gives an overly late-Roman view of the army of the empire.

> What I'm really unsure about:
> All of the fanstuff - Enclosure, Tales of Reaching Moon, TradeTalk,
> Ye Book of Tentacles, etc. They are seem neat, but I'm not able to
> get much information about them from Wizards-attic.com.

There's good stuff in the fanzines. Food for inspiration, if nothing more.

> And yes, I have played KoDP (on a friend's machine), and am ordering
> a copy shortly.

Yey! It's a bloody marvelous game. A window into Glorantha.

> Thanks for your help!
> -Santo

Good luck with your campaign Santo.

        -Adept