Re: Books To Buy?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:38:53 -0800

> I am planning to run a fairly typical Orlanthi-Lunars-Dragon-Pass
> game, so any supplements that could be useful for that would be
> great.
>
> What I'm considering:
> King of Sartar

Bar none, you absolutely *have* to have this book. It has the basics of Orlanthi Myth and culture, specifically in the latter end of the Third age in Dragon Pass.

> The Entekosiad
> The Fortunate Succession
> The Glorious ReAscent of Yelm

Much less useful from a game perspective. These are Dara Happan histories written with "in Glorantha" viewpoints. None of them have any usefulnes in an actual game, especially in Dragon Pass.

> The Missing Lands

If you want to play in the Oceans and Pamaltela, then this has some good stuff, but for Dragon Pass it has little.

> Wyrm's Footprints

A mixed bag, some good articles, some I wonder why Reaching Moon reprinted.

> Tarsh War

Fan work, shows the working (somewhat) of the Lunar Army and the Tarsh Exiles.

> What I'm really unsure about:
> All of the fanstuff - Enclosure, Tales of Reaching Moon, TradeTalk,
> Ye Book of Tentacles, etc. They are seem neat, but I'm not able to
> get much information about them from Wizards-attic.com.

All have good stuff, some official Greg, some fan. All have articles that make you scratch your head as to why they were included.

Something to consider getting is the MIG II (Meints Index to Gloratha, 2nd ed). It will give you a breakdown of which magazins have articles that might interest you, as well as having some fun stuff in an of itself.

And of course, Thunder rebels should be out soonish, which will give you more Heortling Orlanthi material.

Roderick