Re: Strength of the Bull

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:22:13 -0000

> You avoid the crux of the problem, which is that being so very
> literal in interpreting feats doesn't rhyme well with the official
> posture on feats, namely that they are merely guidelines, and that
> affinity-relevant feats can be improvised freely, with the wording
of
> your choice.

To my interpretation, Feats are precise, but not all should be interpreted with the same rules. 'Leap over Trees' lets you leap over trees, resistance 14. Anything other than trees gets an Improv Mod. Deadly Javelin Throw, however, does NOT let you kill a target with only resistance 14, it uses the usual resistance for the usual damage.

Improvisation does NOT let you change the wording of existing Feats, but an improvisation lets you create and cement a new Feat with appropriate, and suitable precise to taste, wording. In other words, Feats are precise, any variation IS perfectly permissable, but is Improvisation, and suffers the penalty therefore. Both in Target number (Leap over Trees used to leap over a house would be -10 or so), and in possible resistance (the house resists with it's normal height resistance).

Wulf