Re: Books To Buy?

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:23:09 +0000 (GMT)

> From: "Santo Sengupta" <Santo_at_...>
>I am planning to run a fairly typical Orlanthi-Lunars-Dragon-Pass
>game, so any supplements that could be useful for that would be
>great.
>
>What I'm considering:
>King of Sartar

Useful for the odd myth - the most important (The Lightbringers Quest) being repeated in Gloranthan Visions anyway - and the report on the Colymar. Much of it is a bit dense and vague to be much practical use...

>The Entekosiad
>The Fortunate Succession
>The Glorious ReAscent of Yelm
>The Missing Lands

Not really much use for a Dragon Pass campaign. The summary of Lunar gods in the rule book, and the forthcoming Lunar Imperial Handbook should give you all the gameable stuff you need.

>Wyrm's Footprints

The odd bit of information thats useful. Much of it is more fun than directly useful though.

>Tarsh War

Nice stuff on Tarsh, Lunar warfare, etc. Quite useful if that is relevant.

>What I'm really unsure about:
>All of the fanstuff - Enclosure, Tales of Reaching Moon, TradeTalk,
>Ye Book of Tentacles, etc. They are seem neat, but I'm not able to
>get much information about them from Wizards-attic.com.

Actually this is probably the most useful stuff. Tales 18 and 19 are pretty much essential, covering Orlanthi tribes and the Upland Marsh. Certainly, they've quickly gained a place in my 'stuff I take to the game' bag. Tradetalk 4 has a useful initiation scenario, and 6 and 7 have Dragon Pass information. All worthwhile. Tentacles 1 and 2 both have useful stuff - I think 2 has the Curbrae tribe stuff, but I'm working from memory here. Three is mainly focused on Pavis, so may be less useful. Enclosure also has useful info on the Orlanthi - mainly in 2, if I remember right.

And according to rumours, make sure you have enough cash for the Orlanthi trilogy about to appear from Issaries...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net