Re: Strength of the Bull

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:34:41 -0000

> Can't speak for Greg on this one, but for myself...
>
> >the Odaylan gets a magical strength of 8w, the
> > strength of a bear, when he uses the feat "Bear's strength"
(which
> he
> > presumably has to obtain in a simple contest where he pits his
> > affinity rating against the 14 of the universe, considering that
> you
> > said the getting the "strength of the bull" was against a 14).

Incidently, I'd be easily persuaded that the Strength you get is based on the Affinity (10W3 from your example) rather than a mundane bear (8W). It is divine magic, and I'm happy to have it at divine levels. But GETTING it is still a resistance 14 contest, while USING it is still a normal Strong vs. Heavy (or whatever) contest.

Wulf