Re: Digest Number 361

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:20:17 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Andreas Mueller wrote:

<snip>
> To get philosophic: Simulationist is not a bad word. In fact, I feel
> that consistency makes the game more believable and enjoyable.

Hear, hear! HW put's a huge workload on the narrator. Having guidelines to help determine task difficulties (resistances) with some consistensy and sense can only be a good thing.

> Getting back to my initial plea: Please don't get philosophic but
> check if the numbers (sorry) are meeting the design goals of HW: The
> game!

I'll try to give some comment on this (if I still have the mail). It looked good, except that the tracking skill results vere parhaps a bit over the top cinematic. I don't think any tracker could tell exact numbers from a group of several dozens, let alone also tell what kind of gear they have and how tired they are. I think you would need Lankhor Mhy style magic for such, or an integrated tracking spirit, that shows you an afterimage of the group that has left the tracks.

        -Adept