Re: Re : Tracking

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 20:55:28 +0200 (EET)

:Andreas Mueller :
:

:>To get philosophic: Simulationist is not a bad word. In fact,
:>I feel that consistency makes the game more believable and enjoyable.
:
:Why do you think that naratively determined rules are going to be
:any less realistic than strictly simulationist ones?

I certainly think so. The universe doesn't run on narrative logic. There is a consistensy of play that comes with simulationistic approach, that is not even the aim of narrative gaming.

"It happens because it fit's the story" is far from realistic. I know my life doesn't run like that, but I'm happy for you if yours is stimulating and entertaining all the time.

        -Adept