Re: Abstraction vs. Detail

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 19:50:52 -0000

I believe that every player should get a moment in the spotlight every game. I have had great problems with attention-hogging players and it can be rather stressful to a group at times. And, from time to time, one should make a single character the focus of the adventure (and get the other players to help)

But in the published scenarios, there is no direction as to whether or not a contest should be simple or extended though a resistance is given. These are to help the new narrator get comfortable with a rather different system than we had in the past.

Hope this helps,
Jeff Kyer