Re: Digest Number 364

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 01:59:13 +0000

Troll Traditions

I was thinking about an Uzko Gorakiki Shaman, but I've got a bit confused when it comes to the Tradition(s)

HW:RiG p215 says a Shaman may belong to more than one tradition, maintaining the main tradition and starting the new tradition at 12. My thought was that "all" Uz (or at least all Animist Uz) would have "Kygor Litor Tradition", either as a sole tradition, or a secondary tradition where another Troll "God"/"Great Spirit" is more important - The Kygor Litor Tradition gives access to the Troll ancestors (as per Ancestor worship - Trolls are specifically mentioned on P205) and Darkness spirits.

HW:RiG p205 under "Local Traditions" mentions "The Dagori Inkarth Tradition" as an example and says that Trolls typically use such traditions to forge networks of power in their own territories - presumably this would allow the Shaman to contact / bind earth, water, plant and animal spirits where they are local to the area (so a "Dagori Inkarth" Shaman could use spirits of Skyfall lake, but not Zola Fell spirits when visiting the Trolls in the Big Rubble?) If not, how would you interpret these "local" Traditions

So what Traditions would my Gorakiki Shaman start with from a description starting "Kurosh is an Uzko Shaman of Gorakiki from Dagori Inkarth"?

Gorakiki Tradition 17
Kygor Litor Tradion 12
Dagori Inkarth Tradition 12

That seems like a lot of potential power for very few "words" - or is this why Trolls are so powerful?

I note the Troll Hunter in AR has Zong tradition but not Kygor Litor, but I think it would be an exceptional Troll who has no KL Tradition knowledge - in RQ terms all Uz were lay members of Kygor Litor.

Ideas/suggestions please.

--

| Tim Ellis EMail tim_at_... |
| Curiosity killed the cat - Why? What did it want to know? |