attempt at 100 words

From: Douglas Seay <douglas.seay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:55:33 -0500

Howdy folks,

I've never tried the narrative method before, so I'd like to get some feedback on what others thought. The idea is a clan warrior who is politically connected (read: lots of hooks), but not politically important (read: expendable). I was thinking of someone who hasn't yet done much on the other side, just the "regular" rituals. I threw in Vanganth and being a juror just "because". These numbers don't yet include the 5w and 1w upgrades, but is otherwise the standard 5w/1w/17/13 character.

Tendak Tankinorsson is a clan Tamarling weaponthane. He is an Devotee of
Orlanth Adventurous and follows his ancestor Vanganth. Although physically
brawny, his quickness, and stamina are remarkable. Tendak is a veteran skirmisher who prefers to attack with stealth and surprise. As heir to the
Aelthir bloodline and a juror, he knows Heortling laws and history. He is
a charismatic leader, strong-willed, and long-winded. He inherited the shield
Solid Defender from his invalid father. The warriors Janstol and Wenalain are
always at Tendak's side. He and his wife Ehlenna, an Ernaldan Godi from clan X,
have three children.

FWIW, it is 98 words. I figure I should add some just to make it flow better, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Tendak Tankinorsson is a clan Tamarling weaponthane.

	Heortling
		close combat(spear and shield)/13
		dragon pass geography/13
		Heortling customs/13
		Heortling myths/13
	Warrior
		acute hearing/17
		boastful/17
		brave/17
		close combat(sword and shield)/17
		hide in cover/17
		loyalty to chief(?)/17
		recognize foe/17
		relationship to clan Tamarling/17
		riding/17
		running/17
		stay awake/17

He is an Devotee of Orlanth Adventurous and follows his ancestor Vanganth.
	Orlanth Adventurous
		boast/17
		leaping/17
		mythology of the Lightbringers/17
		mythology of Orlanth/17
		ranged combat(sling)/17
		sense change in weather/17
		Combat(standard feats)/17
		Movement(standard feats)/17
		Wind(standard feats)/17
	Vanganth the Flyer
		discern air currents/17
		fight while flying/17
		mythology of Thunder Brothers/17
		mythology of Vanganth
		throw sword/17
		Flight(standard feats)/17
Although physically brawny, his quickness, and stamina are remarkable.
	brawny/13
	quick/13
	stamina/13

Tendak is a veteran skirmisher who prefers to attack with stealth and surprise.
	close combat(skirmish)/13
	move silently/13
	move without being seen/13
	ambush/13

As heir to the Aelthir bloodline and a juror, he knows Heortling laws and history.
	relationship to Aelthir bloodline/13
	know Heortling laws/13
	know Heortling history/13
He is a charismatic leader, strong-willed, and long-winded.
	charismatic/13
	leadership/13
	strong-willed/13
	flaw: long-winded/13
He inherited the shield Solid Defender from his invalid father.
	Solid Defender/13
	relationship to Tankinor: patron (Tamarling Politics/10w, wise/5w)
The warriors Janstol and Wenalain are always at Tendak's side.
	relationship to Janstol/13 : follower (warrior/17, woodsman/14)
	relationship to Wenalain/13 : follower (warrior/17, notice details/14)
He and his wife Ehlenna, an Ernaldan Godi from clan X, have three children.
	relationship to Ehlenna/13 : ally (Ernalda Godi/5w, ??)
	relationship to clan X/13
	relationship to children: dependents (nothing important)

--
Douglas Seay               Senior Software Engineer   +1 (919) 405-4702
douglas.seay_at_...   Marconi Communications     RTP, NC, USA