Re: Delicious Delecti Stats

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:46:14 -0000

Hmm. The lst time they went was to test out how their anti-sorcery heroband performed (surprisingly well, actually). Of course they still have not forgiven the Marsh Edge clan for using them (and the Inrodar as patsies for an experiment in Marsh Reclamation magic.

If you're a diversion, you have to look good.

But the major foe was best described as an armoured lamprey back from the dead. About 40' long and smashed up out of the ice like a War-tree on steroids. Much nastier than zombie killer whales and more visually effective. Oh, and they can go into shallower water too.

Lamprey Thing Under The Ice

Armoured Hide ^5
Engulf in Maw 15w ^5
Fast Strike 5w
Lurk 17
Strong 15w
Large 5w2

The combat total was augmented by Strong and Large (I do automatic augments for such things) and the Fast Strike (moray eel style attack) was to generate surprise.

The battle was brutal. This thing was eating followers right and left... Our Brave Elmali (tm) and the battle standard got eaten but being a tough guy, started fighting inside (suitable penalties of -15 were imposed but its a lot softer in there with a highly unpleasant item.

Digestion? Oh, I just impose a simple -3 AP per round until the victim dies or escapes.

Jeff

> Remember ... we are all closer to E. Gary Gygax than we are to Homer
DOH!