Re: Werewolves Was: Zombies and Skeletons in extended contest

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:52:40 -0000

Didn't reall feel right. And if you can't drop them below zero then you can never defeat them. Werewolves are terrifying but they are not Freddy Kruger... at least, not to me.

> Although they can be severely defeated, have you run their sword
right
> through them (i.e. you knock them down to -30AP), the wound seals up
as soon
> as the implement is removed. I'm thinking werewolf more than
undead, here.

This sort of thing isn't really reflected in Glorantha. As far as I recall, non-silver or magic just didn't bother them.

> This is more of an instant 'heal-to-minimum' effect that is perha[ps
negated
> by certain weapon types like silver or whatever.

I'd rather not impose a new rules set for a specilized creature and work with what is existing -- that was the axiom employed throughout writing/editing Anaxial's Record. Trying to keep rules subsets to as low a number as possible.

> Incidentally, what is the canonical gloranthan position on the
undead,
> lycanthropes and the like. Magic weapons? Silver? What about the
Telmori?

In HW? The jury is still out on some of these. I am not quite sure what you are asking, though many of the creatures are described in some detail in Anaxial's Record.

> Anyway, any comments appreciated.
> Actually, seeing as I have gone off on this tangent, would anyone
mind if I
> posted Glorantha-specific questions to this list?

This list is HW rules intensive - and specifically Gloranthan as we've not had anyone post here about playing elsewhere. For trying to run the game in Glorantha, there's the herowars list at onelist.com which handles more cultural and social aspects of campaigning. This lets us keep the hard core rules discussion on this list.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Kyer