Re: attempt at 100 words; conversions; Clan Generator

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:20:41 -0800

Douglas posted a character, which looks fine, but:

>Tendak is a veteran skirmisher who prefers to attack with stealth and
>surprise.
> close combat(skirmish)/13

Skirmishing means missile weapons. This should be Ranged Combat (javelin or sling or bow).

One possibility (no longer officially in the rules) is to write down a special modifier to surprise attacks. (If you like, you could make it reflexive so there's a negative modifier to non-surprise attacks.)

Gareth asked

>Incidentally, has anyone tried porting HW to other settings yet?

I've used it for Umathela and Jrustela (both are in Glorantha, but quite far from Dragon Pass). Mostly I had to come up with new keywords.

"Dougiepunk"

>just run through the new clan generator on the web site (cool..) but got
>these values..
>
>Goals: Rebellion(5) Anti-Lunar(5) Glory(3)
> [ Justice(2) Conquest(2) Prosperity(2) Peace(2) Learning(1)
>Anti-Chaos(1) ]
>Values: Courage(6) Novelty(4) Vengeance(3)
>
>..what do the numbers relate to - surely they are too low to be the clans HW
>Rating in these things........(I tried to pick aggressive anti-lunar
>options) - are they relitive vaues to each other?

I think they're just relative values, so you can help break ties (I did something similar in my Grazer game, and would have had players vote on whether the clan's goal is Rebellion or Anti-Lunar.

David Dunham dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein