Re: RE: Zombies and Skeletons in extended contest

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:34:14 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Thom Baguley wrote:

> I've been thinking about werewolves etc. How do people handle the immunity
> to weapons etc.?

This was seriously silly if taken literally in the RQ era. After I encountered a situation with a telmori shaman in Werewolf form getting hit by a treetrunk swinging Giant (Snakepipe Hollow), I decided that the so called immunity to weapons just cut's damage from nonmagical weapons by 4. So when the giant hit's the werewolf for 30 points with a treetrunk, the wolfie doesn't just bounce off the wall, but also takes 30/4 = 7 points of damage. It's still hugely tough, and it's only hurt by a blow that should have splattered it. But as I said, that was RQ.

> One way I thought, might be to give them an ability to resist AP losses
> that take them below -10 unless magic or silver etc.... Or maybe a generic
> ability to resist AP losses from mundane sources. So you deal 20AP loss to
> a werewolf and it pits the 20 AP against its 10W resist damage ability.
>
> First musings ... anyone with a well-thought out, play-tested way of
> handling this?
>
> Thom

Only the above, sorry.

        -Mikko, the Adept