RE: Re: Werewolves Was: Zombies and Skeletons in exten ded contest

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:53:35 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Gareth Martin wrote:

> > Didn't reall feel right. And if you can't drop them below zero then
> > you can never defeat them. Werewolves are terrifying but
> > they are not
> > Freddy Kruger... at least, not to me.
>
> Well yeah, I mean I thought that was the whole point of the requirement for
> special weapons. I mean I didn't like this jiggery pokery myself - I might
> consider iron a special metal...

Cold (unenchanted) Iron should definitely hurt werewolves. Funnily enough I'm not sure enchanted iron (steel) would, since it no longer effects magic, does extra damage to elves/trolls, or anything such. It becomes very _un_magical when enchanted.

I think all pure runic metals hurt werewolves. An orlanthi sworld made of enchanted (purified) Tin, an elven sword made of enchanted copper... [I think the metal of storm is obviously Tin, and Bronze is the metal of young gods whose parent's vere earth and storm, like Orlanth]

        -Adept