Re: Re: Werewolves Was: Zombies and Skeletons in exten ded contest

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:59:44 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Benedict Adamson wrote:

> It's not that clear. There seems to be a weak consensus that powerful
> mundane abilities are almost indistinguishable from magic, so I would
> be much more inclined to representing the toughness of werewolves
> using a large armour edge or a Resist Mundane Damage.

I like this. I personally tend to rule it as "Resist Mundane Damage 10W2" or whatever, and treat it as the D&D style rule unless the characters are of comparable power. In that case, a quick simple contest between the "Resist" and the characters weapon ability seems appropriate - if the critter wins, he ignores the damage.

And again, this only applies if the character is trying to cause damage. Its no use against their "Lasso" ability...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net