Re: Re: Werewolves Was: Zombies and Skeletons in exten ded contest

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:43:00 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, JEFFREY KYER wrote:
> > I like this. I personally tend to rule it as "Resist Mundane Damage
> > 10W2" or whatever, and treat it as the D&D style rule unless the
> > characters are of comparable power. In that case, a quick simple
> contest
> > between the "Resist" and the characters weapon ability seems
> appropriate -
> > if the critter wins, he ignores the damage.
>
> Unfortunately, this complicates a smooth system. I'd personally stick
> to something simpler and keep things moving.

Not really - its one extra dice roll that only applies if (a) the critter has Resist Mudane Weapons and (b) the hero has some chance of doing so. I'd not even bother rolling unless the character had a reasonable chance of doing damage - say his weapon skill was within a mastery of the critter's resist. Certainly no slower than the Augment rules that we already have, and which seem to run quite smoothly after a couple of sessions.

<snip>
> Thank god we don't have grapple/pummel/overbearing tables. =)

Can't say I care - I always ignored 'em anyway...

Although it is nice to have a system that doesn't feel it NEEDS them...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net