Re: Re: Werewolves Was: Zombies and Skeletons in exten ded contest

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:20:13 +0200 (EET)

> _Enchanted_ <-- so, its both magical (enchanted) which works on
> werewolves
>
> _Iron_ <-- which you just established works on werewolves.
>
> Hope this helps with the word-play,
>
> Jeff

It may, though I like having Iron as the odd metal, it's the work of the Mostali afterall. Antimagical, and geared towards killing their spesific foes.

Enchanting Iron (that is antimagical) is bloody hard, and the result seems to be something totally different. The result is more like steel from our world, hard, resilient and nonmagical. In our world making steel also requires mixing coal into the iron, so it may not be a pure runemetal anymore.

I'm sure the mostali can make iron sit on it's haunches and bark on command (mixing the properties as they wish), but for human's it's either cold iron (about as strong as bronze, disrupts magic, kills trolls), or steel (hugely difficult to enchant from iron, strong)

I think the runic assosiation of iron is severance, so mostali Deathrune sorcery is not bothered by it, and humakti magic may also be uneffected.

But... swords made of enchanted iron (steel) tend to be major artefacts anyway, and are usually heavily enchanted anyway, making them good for killing werewolves (and most anything else too)

        -Adept