RE: Re: Zombies and Skeletons in extended contest

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:05:20 -0000

Hi All,

On Tuesday, November 28, 2000 12:55 PM, Tim Ellis [SMTP:tim_at_...] wrote:

> > Yeah, had this come up at the HW demo at Dragonmeet on Saturday.
>
> Not mine, I had the opposite problem!

I admit it, it was mine. :)

I don't think having the thing undead thing (or a berserker) keep going down to -40 APs is the perfect solution. But I don't have another one I like more to hand unfortunately.

I think I'd skip it for routine "hordes of shambling zombies". I reserve it for standalone, "important" undead and dramatic scenes. In this case, the creature in question was a vampire who was supposed to be able to fend off half a dozen or so PCs, so it needed either very high abilities, in which case they had very little chance of defeating it, or it had to have a LOT of APs (which is what being able to stay active till -40 APs gives it).

I have run the scenario on one occasion with only 2 players. That time, the vampire "broke" at 0 APs rather than -40. I adapt to circumstances, see... :)

Regards,

Bruce