Re: Werewolves

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 00:08:46 -0000

When you have more experience with the game, I hope that your posts will be enriched by the experience. Having actual game experience would be one of the credentials for commenting on the specifics of the  rules, I would think.

> Too bad really. It's a nice effect. Though I have built on the RQ
> description a bit. So that cold iron weapons halve the effect of
> defensive magic they are attempting to pass.
>
> -Adept

Were you to think about the nature of iron and the HW system, the effect of unenchanted iron interfering with magic in a readily usable fashion. The following inference seems obvious, should a narrator wish to use it:

Simply increase all magical resistances (good and bad) by +1 per 'thing' of raw iron. Rather simple and easy to implement. The narrator will decide how much an item counts for. A sword would be a +1 but a chain shirt might be +2 or +4 or some number that the player and the narrator are comfortable with.

Hope this helps,

Jeff Kyer