Re: Re: Werewolves Was: Zombies and Skeletons in exten ded contest

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:56:15 +0000 (GMT)

Adept wrote :

> But Peter, why are you being so furious about this? Why are you taking
> my nostalgig digging into old Glorantha sources as a personal attack? Is
> this cattyness really the image we want to give to people who are new to
> Glorantha and this mailinglist?

<snip>
> Me-ow. My apologies for not having been born in an anglic speaking
> country. I do study at the university level from sources in english, so
> I don't feel all that handicapped. Reading roleplaying supplements
> correctly tends to be an excersise in coherentistic philosophy, as one
> tries to find a middleground amid all the contradictions.

<snip>
> I'm just pointing out what, to me, seems to be the most obvious and
> logical way to interpret the Elder Secrets definitions of Iron.
>
> I find this hostility rather surprising Peter. Can't we have a civilized
> discussion here?

I love this last comment! Peter frequently comes across as 'hostile', and most of us have been on the receiving end at one time or another. I, at least, am sure he doesn't mean it that way - its just his style. Equally, many of the rest of us - myself included - can appear equally unpleasant - overly critical, argumentative or nitpicking.

This is a discussion forum, and such places often get heated, passions flare. When these things happen, its often best to take a deep breathe, count to ten and not send an e-mail. Advice I should probably take more often myself.

In general the levels of passion here are probably good - at least it shows a level of interest and support that will probably do more good than harm in the long term.

I'll avoid the topic of iron entirely.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net