Re: troll iron

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:26:26 EST

In a message dated 11/29/00 5:27:37PM, you write:

<< I'm just pointing out what, to me, seems to be the most obvious and  logical way to interpret the Elder Secrets definitions of Iron.>>

I am not sure anyone else would agree with you. I would make sense, if enchanted iron were not poison to trolls, for them to have and use enchanted iron armour, for example. I am, however, positive that trolls would not be able to wear iron armour without a SERIOUS rash developing. There has never been any evidence of troll use of enchanted iron, even though they are pragmatic enough to use what's good for them.

FWIW I always picture unenchanted iron as really really brittle, like cast iron, with a anti magic effect that can be imagined as a magnetic field. Enchanting the iron just makes it like RW steel, and gets rid of the magnetic field by doing stuff to the bits that make up the steel (I can't remember my materials science, but something to do with particle size? crystal size?).

 <<I find this hostility rather surprising Peter. Can't we have a civilized  discussion here?

    -Adept >>

I am probably in a minority, but I think if you can't be obstreperous and rude on mailing lists then where can you? Almost no chance of getting a punch on the nose, and instant tension release when you read soemthing and think "bah! that's wrong!".

Keith N