Re: Werewolves/Runic Metals

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 20:06:18 +0000

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:11:17 -0000, "Erik " <epweissengruber_at_...> wrote:

>> I was solely commenting on the idea that
>> enchanted iron did not do extra damage to Uz & Aldryami, et al.

>Unless, of course, the enchantment is something like "Trollbite"
>or "Elf wither"

I suspect you may have misinterpreted my comment. Unenchanted or enchanted, Iron DOES do extra damage to Uz & Aldryami. Always did, always will.

Unenchanted Iron did NOT get extra RQ Armour Points, which was the AP referred to in the passage I misquoted.

>I may do some extra damage to Uz (AP*1.5) but if I try to use any
>magic I am at a loss (AP/2)

That's not how it works, Iron (all iron) gives +2 Rank against Uz/Aldryami. It was RQ Armour Points that were multiplied by 1.5.

>I assume that if I were a Devote of Humakt or were an Iron Dwarf I
>could be considered attuned to the runemetal and free from the penalty

I can't see why a Humakti would be immune to the effects, the Mostali (including the Iron Dwarfs amongst the Clay Mostali) might be, or might just not use magic as recognised by anyone else.

Wulf