End of the Track

From: Andreas Mueller <Andreas.Rolf.Mueller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:47:01 +0100

Simon Hibbs says:
> In fact HW provides better and more flexible game mechanical tools for
> doing this than most RPGs (Augments, edges, AP lending, etc)

You are probably right, but I don't want to write my rules when I buy some. Anaxials Rooster and this discussion has shown me something, I've feared for some time: HeroWars may be a good ROLE PLAYING game, but it is a poor role playing GAME. Maybe it's hard to understand, but wanting clear rules does not mean rejection of the narrative style. The discussion on this list has the dimensions of a war of beliefs. If somebody wants clear, applicable and believable rules, he is a simulationist. Everybody, who has played with me as GM can assure you, that I've always used the narrative style. HW may encourage this style more than RQ, but I don't want to invest the time to write my own rules.

I don't know another Game, that tries to have no rules and has so much discussion about them. This should concern everybody responsible for rule design.

Turning my back very dissapointed,

Andreas

Die Fachpresse ist sich einig: WEB.DE 15mal Testsieger! Kostenlos E-Mail, Fax, SMS, Verschlüsselung, POP3, WAP....testen Sie uns! http://freemail.web.de