Iron, Steel, Enchanted etc.

From: tero.a.laiho_at_...
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 01:00:57 -0000

Hi!

Just give my input to the discussion on the Iron and Steel and properties of both as described in the Elder Secrets. Maybe the whole problem is with the native Finns. Because I too got the same impression as Mikko from the Elder Secrets. That, somehow only the iron was poisonous to Elves/Trolls and Werevolves, while Enchanted iron was called Steel with no special properites excluding the added strenght. Personally I thought this was a bug in the writing and just ignored it, but still the impression from the text was exactly same.
Apparently this passage is quite easily missread by at least some Finns. Maybe it is just a language thing.

Cheers,
Tero