RE: Iron

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:15:28 -0000

> (here's a new bit that is being tested, comments requested):
> It disrupts magic cast *at* and *by* the user, from ~D+2 for
> a spearpoint,
> D+10 for a sword or helmet, to D+40 for a full suit. Any
> magic (Animist,
> Theist or Sorcerous, but not Mystic, as it really isn't
> "magic" in the same
> way)
> cast at or by the wearer gets this extra resistance

Hmm. I seem to recall seeing someone remark that this was how RQ did it. Can't say I'm entirely happy with the proposal; partly for the book-keeping, which seems to go against the grain of HW's looseness, and secondly becuase I can't really see how wearing iron armour protects you from magic, but I'm a newbie so what do I know. Anyway, rather than have a table of modifiers, why not use the Edge rating of carried iron? Edge x 10 if necessary?