Re: Iron

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:18:33 -0000

That is true. But it does make for something that the narrator and player can agree on before hand.

> which seems to go against the grain of HW's looseness, and secondly
becuase
> I can't really see how wearing iron armour protects you from magic,
but I'm

Unenchanted iron disrupts magic. Its one of those odd things about Glorantha -- we don't know why but it just does. However, its got a long standing tradition in the game-world, dating back to the 70's.

And it usually only disrupts magic targeting the caster. If I summon up a poison cloud, then you still get seared when you breath it. Same thing with a flaming spear. But if I use my 'Heal Friend' spell, then we're in trouble.

Using unenchanted iron was always a two-edged sword.

> a newbie so what do I know. Anyway, rather than have a table of
modifiers,
> why not use the Edge rating of carried iron? Edge x 10 if
necessary?

Becaause we didn't think of it. =)

And the effect of a spear head on a stick is a lot less than wearing gauntlets. Perhaps a flat +5 for weapons and 5x the rating of the armour would work.

We're still playtesting. Any reports of how it works is good.

Jeff