RE: Digest Number 380

From: A. K. Berner <open_micro_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 18:07:33 -0500

David Boatright wrote:

>D&D in any of its myriad forms is mindless drivel, designed for the
>kind of moron who watches soap operas.

In my own personal experience these sort judgmental, inane, arrogant, elitist, statements are only made by the kind of people who are afraid that, at heart, they are the kind of morons who have little more beyond mindless drivel to offer.

Actually, I am not one to flame, but when arrogant bores like you presume to judge hundreds of thousands of people (including me) in an attempt to feel better about themselves it makes me sick. IMO that kind of snobbery is at the heart of everything that is wrong with this world, and I can only thank goodness that your type is fairly rare.

In summary, I couldn't care less what you think of me (who both occasionally plays D&D and watches soap operas), my friends with similar taste, or the untold thousands of other people who enjoy various RPG's and also enjoy the fact that others enjoy them.

I adore Glorantha, the HW system, and even Runequest but I'll never close my mind to other creative individuals who take the time to express their own brand of wonder into life.

A.K. Berner

P.S. I'll bet $100 dollars that you haven't read even 25% of the new 3rd edition core rulebooks, which if true, once again, proves that elitist bozos are always trying to talk out of their ass while expecting others to waste time listening to them.