RE: Digest Number 381

From: A. K. Berner <open_micro_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:58:52 -0500

RR Wrote:

>Penalty both ways: Offtopic posting, Flammage and return flammage.

I respectfully submit that my original post was very much on topic as I was comparing HW rules with AD&D rules and, more importantly, wanting to discuss the impact that AD&D's newfound popularity might have on GM's who are spending--or planning to spend--hundreds if not thousands of hours developing HW adventures/worlds/campaigns etc.. Hearing a counter-analysis would have been fine with me. But if you are requesting that I sit here quietly while being called a moron for no other reason then expressing a personal taste in RPGs as part of an on-topic post, then perhaps I am on the wrong forum. If you look at my posting history I think you will find all of my posts well reasoned, applicable to HW rules, and kind.

Respectfully of this excellent forum,

A.K. Berner

P.S. I find the heavy/light RPG topic to be timely and interesting. How the HW rules fit into this paradigm, how it's rules compare with other systems, what it's future might be, how it can get along with other systems both from a world building and a rules compatibility basis, and other similar topics are a big reason I signed on to this forum. If you feel that these are off-topic please let me know if there is a more appropriate place to post such questions/concerns/analysis/opinions.