Re: AP Limits?

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 16:09:56 -0000

> Of course, failing that, you can just let him get over confident,
> then let him discover what facing truly powerful magic is like!
> (Jeff, what was it that brought down Razzle-geeny-weenie in the end,
> the Lunar collegium arcanum, class of '06?)
>
> --Bryan

Collegium Arcane, Class of '06.

(wipes away tear) (sniff) I miss those kooks.

Those boys and girls had very strong, interlocking defensive magics and used a 'little hammer' strategy in taking down opponents -- small attacks that wore down the opponent (multiple attacker penalties) and then took down their dazed and confused foe.

In HW, I'd give them very high magic abilities but let them wear down the opponent with small bids and _possibly_ use "negative augments" to slow/baffle/confuse the victim. Given The Shaman Problem, I'd assume they'd studied the foe (they only showed up when called in) and knew his tactics -- your 'lightning eater' would be a tactic they would employ.

Rituals would really help -- the class, their followers and supporters would do some sort of 'Shield Against The Unruly Lightning' ritual and pump up a 'fight against elements' affinity or Grimoire by an easy +15 for the leader...

...oh yes. There's myriad of ways to play dirty pool with that sort of player tactic.

(voiceover) ...and with modern ressurection techniques, we can carry out that sentence...