Re: Re: Fetch as victim of AP loss? (Was AP bids)

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 20:08:35 +0000

On Wed, 06 Dec 2000 19:58:37 -0000, "Charles Corrigan" <glorantha_at_indigost.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> I'd say it heads off to the Spirit World, and the Shaman needs
>> to go fetch the Fetch with a HP - same as replacing a Follower
>> (but have them play out the retrieval of this more intimate
>> 'Follower').
>
>You don't (normally) need to spend a HP to regain/replace a
>follower. You may face difficulties in finding a replacement if you
>have a reputation for 'spending' followers

Sorry, yes, I modified my idea as I wrote, but didn't backtrack & change the wording. I think you SHOULD have to pay to replace a 'dead' fetch, as it's unique (or nearly so), and intimately tied to the Shaman. Awakening a Fetch is part of the HP cost of actually becoming a Shaman after all. Think of the HP cost as rebonding with the spirit as it recovers in the Spirit World, to re-establish a link to allow it to travel back to the middle world.

Wulf