Re: Re: Fetch as victim of AP loss? (Was AP bids)

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 20:12:48 +0000

On Thu, 07 Dec 2000 08:54:59 -0500, Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...> wrote:

>I'm not arguing with your interpretation;

It's just a perfectly civilised discussion :)

>I'd just do this differently. If
>you check HW:RiG p. 214, you'll see that there is a cost of 3 HP to join
>the tradition (and gain Tradition Knowledge) and another 3 HP cost to
>cement the Fetch.

true...

>If you want to treat the Fetch as a follower, that's fine. I don't think
>that's a canonical position. Fetches can act as a follower (HW:RiG p. 208).
>I don't interpret this to mean that the Fetch is a normal follower. That's
>my opinion.

Oh, I agree it's not 'normal' in that sense. that's one reason why I say a 'dead' fetch is actually just 'detached', and has to be retrieved (or fetched...) back from the Spirit World. If a fetch is a part of a shaman (I can particularly see Hsunchen in this role), then it should be more traumatic.

>Finally, I take to heart the mention that not everyone has a Fetch and that
>a Fetch may be part of the shaman (HW:RiG p. 207). In my stories/games,
>this means that the loss of a Fetch is much more traumatic than the loss of
>a replaceable follower.

This is certainly perfectly in line with the rules, but in this case it would be inadvisable to have the fetch suffer the results due a follower.

Wulf