Re: Re: Fetch as victim of AP loss? (Was AP bids)

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 20:19:41 -0500

At 08:12 PM 12/07/2000 +0000, Wulf Corbett wrote:
>On Thu, 07 Dec 2000 08:54:59 -0500, Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
>wrote:
>Oh, I agree it's not 'normal' in that sense. that's one reason why I
>say a 'dead' fetch is actually just 'detached', and has to be
>retrieved (or fetched...) back from the Spirit World. If a fetch is a
>part of a shaman (I can particularly see Hsunchen in this role), then
>it should be more traumatic.
>
>>Finally, I take to heart the mention that not everyone has a Fetch and that
>>a Fetch IS <<changed from original post>> be part of the shaman (HW:RiG
p. 207). >>In my stories/games,
>>this means that the loss of a Fetch is much more traumatic than the loss of
>>a replaceable follower.
>
>This is certainly perfectly in line with the rules, but in this case
>it would be inadvisable to have the fetch suffer the results due a
>follower.

I think, rather, that it is inadvisable to put one's Fetch into a position where it suffers the results of being a follower of the loser of the contest. If a Fetch can act as a follower in a contest (which it can), then I think that it suffers the repercussions of a acting as a follower in a contest. You can often have the Fetch withdraw from the contest before it is eliminated[1], which may be the safe way to play, even if that hits you immediately with further AP loss.

[1] This is extrapolated from the withdrawal rules and my supposition that the Fetch can easily withdraw from most non-spirit (non-daimon, non-elemental) foes.

Thanks,
Andy