Re: Practice

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:22:32 EST

In a message dated 12/12/00 2:40:44PM, you write:

<< On the other hand, one thing the rules are missing right now is how
 wealth--or for that matter relationshiops--can diminish if you aren't  maintaining them. >>

Why not physical abilities, mental abilities, erm, just about everything. One of the daft things about most RPG systems is that once you get good at something you stay good at it, which isn't true in any RW situation I can think of. The last RQ campaign I ran had rules for maintaining skills over a certain level (determined by natural aptitute) and it involved 'practice' . If one wanted to go down that road then why not have some sort of rule about high abilities dropping down if they are not used/maintained?

<< I suppose it really is a narrator decision, but
 doesn anyone have a rule of thumb on how much effort it takes to  maintain a relationship level or to 'take care of business,' and how  to handle any penalties?>>

How about a (yearly?) contest between the Heroes highest skill and the Heroes natural resistance, or some other similar ability; If the skill defeat the hero then it drops down one level. Of courss

BTW I am not planning to use this myself, depends on campaign style.

Keith N