bows

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:33:01 +0000

Sensible replies so far.

I'd add that bows are used mainly for skirmishing, partly because the Heortlings don't tend to have massed missile fire, and partly because their culture favours individual hand-to-hand combat as a sign of bravery, honour, prowess etc. I suspect skirmishers are used for pragmatic and tactical reasons (keeping powerful warriors at bay, distracting foes while we sneak round and steal some cows, softening up opponents before a charge and so on).

A clan that regularly uses such tactics might get a reputation for lack of bravery etc. This probably changes in the big pitched battles of the Hero Wars - Argrath may well form units of Odaylan archers etc.

Thom