Re: Sundry rules questions for demo

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:33:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Theo Posselt wrote:

> 2. It's annoying that the ability levels for for
> followers and fetches is based on the best ability of
> the character - it encourages narrow growth instead of
> broad growth. Has anyone come up with house rule for
> this?

I don't like the follower rules either - partly because they end up a bit too weak in comparison with the rest of the world. Anyway, I allow players to start with followers better than the default 17 by using their skill bumps, just like they can for anything else written on the character sheet. I then allow followers to be improved by spending hero points. I don't allow automatic increases in skills otherwise. If a follower dies, their replacement is of 'similar' level to the lost one.

This does provide yet another drain on hero points, but I don't bother with the rules for cementing items, and give a lot of appropriate abilities out for free after adventures - mainly relationships.

Not for everyone, but it works for us.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net