Re: Skill spirits / magic items

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:12:03 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Alain Rameau wrote:

> 1/ When one use a skill spirit and already has the ability, the rule
> says that the abilty is increased instead. But what is this
> augmentation : an automatic one of 1/10 of spirit might (as per
> passion spirit), or does it need an augmentation roll on the
> augmentation resistance chart and how it would work ?

I've certainly always read it as "augment using the normal roll the dice method". Means you can take big risks, which isn't possible with passion spirits.

> 2/ As I understand, magic items are mainly to be used as augmentation
> of the abilties through an augmentation test on the augmentation
> resistance chart. But can one create a magic item that give automatic
> increase in an ability, without the need for a roll ?

A good house rule is to allow augments without rolling if the number desired is no more than would be gained from a passion spirit of the same might. In other words, "Magically Sharp Sword" 17 gives a +1 without rolling. +2 or better, you have to roll for.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net