Sundry rules questions for demo

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 12:21:49 +0000

> From: " JEFFREY KYER" <jeff.kyer_at_...>
>Also, followers are a cheap solution for missing skills but you have
>to remember this: They have their own feelings -- they may not show up
> for that trip to Snakepipe Hollow or go on that experimental
>heroquest you thought up... which means you have to buy up that
>relationship (yes, its cheap but it cuts into HP for your own skills)

I balance out these factors with the type of follower and usefulness. For my players 1 out of the 3 followers didn't go on the present HeroQuest. This was an initiate of Bevara (who wasn't in the myth, was too scared and the most useful of the 3). The others, an Odaylan daimon, and a baby Alynx did go. The Alynx took the role of Yinkin in the Quest, and though he saved his character's life (or at least a hero point or two), is usually the least useful of the followers. The daimon is fairly useful, but not very capable of automonomous action (being in essence a guardian spirit). The Odaylan also has a bear as an ally. While being very big, scary and dangerous, so far it hasn't helped them much (being held in reserve, or not around in populated areas).

Most of these things just emerged during play, rather than being imposed by me.

It is also worth adding that because followers usually function as AP batteries they aren't necessarily over-powerful, and most tough opponents will have loads of followers too!

Thom