Grazer/Riders--women allowed?

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:14:55 -0000

In the core rules, page 107, under the title: Grazer Occupation Keywords, it says "All grazer men are riders (herdsmen) and advance socially to become warriors, leadres, and elders. Similarly, women are riders, mothers, teachers, and elders."

Then in the next paragraph, titled "Herdsman, Rider" it starts: "You are a man responsible for..."

So, are young women riders, or aren't they?

(By way of reference, I seem to recall that at least one, but by far not the majority, of the earlthy asiatic steppe peoples had young women and young men as riders, with men progressing to warriors once they had shown their prowess in battle, and women graduating from rider when they got married or got pregnant (I forget if it was just one or either).)

Can anyone put me straight on this?

--Bryan