Spending your Wealth...

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 02:21:15 +0000

Something I was thinking about the other day....

You set off on some sort of adventure or other and come back successfully with the loot, which you can either spend a heropoint to keep, or will be assumed to have frittered away between adventures, but I was wondering what else you could potentially do with it.

First of all, of course, you could just spend it on material goods (which do not need cementing HW:RiG p37). The end of the session is the time to buy all those expensive things that will reduce your wealth since it is going to go back down to it's starting level before the next game anyway.

But then I wondered if you could spend it to improve relationships as well. Things like "Generous" could be enhanced by distributing your wealth amongst your clan, as could "Relationship to clan" - Lunar characters could donate to the Teelo Norri orphanage for similar benefits. Now in order to improve your relationships you'll still need to spend Hero Points, - 1,3,6 or 10 for +1 through 4 if the improvement is "related to the session", and twice that if the improvement is "unrelated" The trick here is to claim your spending of the loot makes the improvement "related"...

--

| Tim Ellis EMail tim_at_... |
| On Line Xmas Card http://www.timellis.demon.co.uk/santa.htm |